Just following up on this thread I started about 6 weeks ago...

1. 9,225 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Just following up on this thread I started about 6 weeks ago with a US federal judge's answer to my question.

When it started, all we knew was that the mail was slow after Trump donor Louis DeJoy was put in charge of the United States Postal Service. As a business owner I knew that because I had unhappy US customers. Then a Senate investigation revealed that on-time mail delivery plummeted by nearly 10% after DeJoy’s changes were implemented - resulting in approximately 85 million pieces of mail getting delayed in a single week. What the hell was happening?

After much specualtion, and Trump's admission that he is undermining the USPS, a judge made it clear last week. It's an intentional strategy to disrupt the election, and is specifically targeted at suppressing the votes in districts that voted for Hillary Clinton last election.

Judge Stanley Bastian found:
    "...at the heart of DeJoy's and the Postal Service's actions is voter disenfranchisement. This is evident in President Trump's highly partisan words and tweets, the actual impact of the changes on primary elections that resulted in uncounted ballots, and recent attempts and lawsuits by the Republican National Committee and President Trump's campaign to stop the States' efforts to bypass the Postal Service by utilizing ballot drop boxes, as well as the timing of the changes.

"It is easy to conclude that the recent Postal Services' changes is an intentional effort on the part of the current Administration to disrupt and challenge the legitimacy of upcoming local, state, and federal elections, especially given that 72% of the...high speed mail sorting machines that were decommissioned were located in counties where Hillary Clinton received the most votes in 2016."
    Last edited by Orson: 22/09/20

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.