ASX 0.39% $58.72 asx limited

why is usa not worried about dollar

1. 282 Posts.
    It does worry me to an extent why the powers that be in the USA don't seem very worried about their free falling currency, if it were a general market cycle etc I could understand but with what they owe a falling dollar is the last thing they need.
    I sincerely hope I'm wrong but the one thing that would immediately reverse the dollar & send massive amounts of dollars flowing into the US is a WAR.
    Naturally the people in high ranking US positions would be privvy to a lot of info on any action that might be on the drawing board for Iran, Iraq, Syria etc. I'll be amazed if Bush doesn't strike before he ends his time in office, I don't think he cares about the Republicans Partys chances of re-election, any research I've undertaken regarding Bush all points to his one way thinking on this matter.
    I don't particularly like making money off others misfortune but it does open up investment opportunities in some very noteable US companies such as Haliburton, Boeing etc.
    This to me is the only rational decision that makes sense, if they know in advance that the dollars fall is temporary & indeed reversible.
    As I said before I hope I'm wrong I've never been a supporter of most wars but I truly think this one is inevitable especially where Bush is concerned, a war that could very easily spill over to include many other hot spots around the world, not to mention the countries that have their sights on others energy reserves.
    I suppose all we can do is have contingency plans to try to deal with whatever does happen.
    This is my opinion only & should NOT be taken as to what might or will happen in the near term.
    I'd be happy to hear anyones thoughts on this or other reasons as to why they don't seem concerned.
    Cheers all

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$58.72
Change
0.230(0.39%)
Mkt cap ! $11.34B
Open High Low Value Volume
$58.50 $58.79 $58.20 $879.6K 15.02K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 39 $58.68

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$58.72 56 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.22am 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.