Doesn't sound like you were around in the '80s - A great time to...

1. 202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 37
    Doesn't sound like you were around in the '80s - A great time to be alive, but I think one of the main reasons many of us lived life to its fullest back then was the ever-present expectation that our lives were about to end in a blinding flash of enveloping white light.

The US 'might' have some advantages in a conventional theatre of war against Russia (and that's very debatable) but has never tested that theory for good reason - i.e how easily such a confrontation could escalate to the use of the 10K nuclear weapons the two countries have between them.

For better or worse M.A.D has successfully kept that genie in the bottle for the entire half-century I've been around. Neither the Americans nor the Russians have ever been stupid enough to test it, which is why it's very surprising to find ourselves closer to midnight than at any moment since Cuba.

It might be that Putin's two decades of absolute power has finally gone to his head in deciding to play a very dangerous game - If he goes ahead then all the US and its allies can do is wallop him with every economic sanction under the sun.

Biden and his circle of elites are rational enough to know that their vast wealth wont be of much use, even in their luxury bunkers, waiting out the next century for the air to clear.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.