WBT 1.21% $2.51 weebit nano ltd

Why is Weebit Nano So Valuable ?, page-304

1. 23 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    After reading this article: https://www.eenewsanalog.com/news/second-chinese-chipmaker-signs-weebits-reram
    I am extremely bullish on SiEn being the first customer. Second page of the article:

"Today there are dozens of fabs under construction in China, but SiEn's fab is the only one taking the CIDM approach," said Coby Hanoch, CEO of Weebit Nano, in a statement.

In the same statement Chang, who is chairman of SiEn, said: "SiEn will finish constructing two fabs for 200mm and 300mm wafers this year, and we believe Weebit’s technology can be a perfect fit into our offering."

Chang continued: "Our production line will be based on STMicroelectronic's technology, similar to that used by Leti, making the technology transfer simpler, and is expected to bring forward the time required to bring products to market."

Weebit has also announced the successful modelled the electrical behavior of its silicon-oxide memory using Silvaco's Victory Device TCAD software. The availability of this modelling capability under TCAD should facilitate the incorporation of Weebit’s ReRAM modules into semiconductor designs."

The fact we are having a Webinar so soon after the last one makes me think they are gearing up engineers and technicians to go to China for the final stages. The last webinar did state there will be MORE R&D once they get to the manufacturing site. This is standard practice with implementing new technology onto a manufacturing line.

The article is dated 12 months old however, COVID happened during all of last year. We don't know how far back it pushed construction in China. I believe that is why we didn't get the announcement end of last year. The directors saw an opportunity to raise more cash at an unexpected time as they knew there was a small delay. They are now ramping up R&D to improve the chip further, for a larger market.

This deal could be announced anytime during the next 3-4 months. It will be risky to try and trade this for a lower price.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.