Why Keating is incorrect to appease China, page-11

1. 2,855 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2430

I have no doubt that China wants its hands on Taiwan's semiconductor industry, just as much as they want it for cultural reasons, that is, historical prestige etc, as all despotic states do. I can't see why their ambitions there is somehow incompatible, if that is what you mean, with the potential of them invading Australia.

My point is, that seems to be ignored, is that if the 7th Fleet is made obsolete, leaving Australia in ta vulnerable position simply because we are there all these years etc, then it won't look so pretty for us when all Chinese owned assetts in Australia are returned to the Commonwealth, and China thinks that we are nothing more than Imperial aggressors who have stolen their investment here.

I'm sure that China's 100+ billion ownership here, not to mention all the northern resources they can then control, is very comparable to the value of Taiwan. But even though any war on Australia by China commences with Taiwan, my question is what happens next considering what is highlighted above in italics.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.