PEN 0.00% 10.0¢ peninsula energy limited

why lance is so valuable - isr explained

1. 13,363 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    For the benefit of our new found friends, I thought it may be time to posts information on the ISR process and the significant cost savings this process has.

I have been doing this for a while as a lot of people still only focus on convential hard rock mining.

ISR is low cost production (low Opex, Operating expenditure) and low Capex to develop. Even more so in the case of PEN at Lance as it has all infrastructure in place. PEN will not have to build roads or rail and it is a well serviced mining location. These are huge benefits, that will tell with PEN when the cashflow begins.

Anyway back to ISR, this will require some reading but if you know little or nothing of ISR then it will pay you to do so.

Cheers and enjoy...
    Starting with my favourite....just click on the links.

Uranium Producers America - URANIUM IN SITU RECOVERY TECHNOLOGY

In Situ Uranium Mining Process (ISR) - Questions and Answers

A Three-part series on the history and future of In Situ Recovery Mining (ISR)

In-Situ Leach (ISL) - In-Situ Recovery (ISR) Mining

What a "Roll Front" looks like...
    (Click Here to see Image)

What an ISR project looks like....

The In-Situ Recovery Mining Process
    "The In-Situ Recovery Mining Process
    Uranerz plans to use the low cost mining process of in-situ recovery mining, a process that uses a 'leaching' solution to extract uranium from underground ore bodies. The 'leaching' agent, which contains an oxidant such as oxygen with sodium bicarbonate (commonly known as baking soda), is added to the native groundwater and injected through wells into the ore body in a confined aquifer to dissolve the uranium. This solution is then pumped via other wells to the surface for processing -- resulting in a cost-efficient and environmentally friendly mining process.

In Situ Recovery (ISR) Mining
    Advantages
    + Low Capital Costs for Mine Development
    + Low Operating Costs
    + Environmentally Friendly
    + No Waste Rock, No Tailings Pond
    + Profitable on Lower Grade Uranium Deposits
    + Small Work Force (low labor costs) "

Finally, this pretty well sums it up...with a little article on permitting in Wyoming with Uranerz

"ISR mining comprised 29% of global uranium production in 2007 according to the World Nuclear Association. Wyoming ISR advantages include low capital costs, low operating costs, and low environmental impact. Wyoming is the largest uranium producer in the USA with a long ISR history and has the largest known uranium resource base in the USA."
    source: Uranerz Reports on Uranium ISR Mine Permitting

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $318.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.5¢ 10.5¢ 10.0¢ $618.1K 6.070M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
78 8125819 10.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.5¢ 4932141 36
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.