NCM 0.00% $23.35 newcrest mining limited

why ncm???

1. 2,558 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    Hi all

I have been following gold, gold stocks and ncm for a while now. I have held it in the past but not now.

I am throwing the question out there; why but NCM? (as a stock i.e not options etc)

The obvious reasons are::

because gold will rise in price

NCM is big and stable with lots of gold in ground and infrastructure

NCM will rise in short term because of north american listing and a short squeeze

obviously the last point is debatable, as is the one on rising gold.

investing is about finding the best deal. obviously there are lots of deals out there. I happen to think gold has a good future for the next 10 years and like the idea of riding gold through gold miners. My investing does not rely on gold staying over $1700 oz

back to the main question. Why buy NCM when there are other miners out there?

one can diversify mines by buying several miners and spread risk that way. (NCM has several mines in different locations, so if one goes bad, it win't sink the company, but one would expect it would hurt the company)

I own CGX, MML and KRM as well as a small holding in KMC. I am not trying to plug these stocks (as if HC readers have pockets deep enough to have a lasting impact on the market). I refer to them to point out that these holdings somewhat diversify risk (different locations) and are low cost producers (not KMC) with good potential and plans to expand production. granted the reserve base doesn't give a mining life as long as NCM. They also don't seem to be as expensive (dangerous word) as NCM. By that I mean they aren't on high p/e multiples (at least going forward) and have good ROE vs equity cost.

As such I conclude NCM trades at a premium. It probably deserves to. BHP doesn't have much of a premium. Is the premium based on NCM's gold and safety among gold equities?

ultimately one wants to make money on a stock. Why is NCM the best vehicle to make money.

If any posters wish to share thoughts and convince me to buy NCM please do. I want to buy NCM (my gut telle me to, but my gut is a korean bbq loving alcoholic).

Thanks in advance for any meaningful responses :)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NCM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.