SRL 5.13% 41.0¢ sunrise energy metals limited

Why Nickel Spot Prices Just Don't Matter to Clean Teq's Deal, page-28

1. 6,447 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1190

Not to be overly critical but there doesn’t appear to be much original thought in the Clean Teq De-risked article.It comprises numerous quotations from who’s-who in the investing world (link provided) and a regurgitation of chart data provided by Clean Teq and other authorities. For example:

As Warren Buffett says:

"When a company is selling a product with commodity-like economic characteristics,being the low-cost producer is all-important"

Or Mohnish Pabrai says:

“When you’re buying a mine or a commodity producer, cost of production becomes the moat and consistent low cost of production is the way to go about it. And so what I try to do, when I look at the miners – because obviously with commodities, you have no moat – is to create a moat by choosing a consistently low-cost provider.”

After all risk is everything, as Frank Martin,a Master Investor says:

"Any look at the prospect for all types of investments would be grossly incomplete without a careful examination of the risks that one would have to assume to be in the game."

This quote from Bill Ackman is a good reminder.

"We have generally avoided commodity-sensitive businesses. With commodity businesses,it's very difficult to predict the future price of the commodity"

Quote Source - (VIEWLINK) - the greatest collection of insights from the World’s Greatest Investors.

The effort is applauded but I don’t really get to read what the author thinks. What his opinion is. Why he sees Clean Teq as superior to others. It seems only to be a faithful cut and paste of varies self-appointed experts.

Last edited by You3OAte: 27/11/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.