NEU 0.30% $19.91 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

why nnz2256 will probably work

1. 11,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1687
    I stated on a previous thread that I consider that nnz2256 has more than a 50:50 chance of success. Obviously that is just my opinion, but I want to share why I am so confident.

Now this is going to be a long post I guess, but it feel that this is important.

Now most drug discovery is done like this:

A research person normally has some small substances, peptides, protein chains or whatever. They may have tens of thousands of slightly different substances. They then see if they can get a reaction with another substance, which might be from a cancer, or disease or whatever.

After thousands of tries, some will get the kind of result they were hoping to see and they can note that down and move the successful substance on to the next test. Many will fail that next test, but some might be successful. Then on it goes to the next test etc etc.

Eventually they might discover that their substance from a tree's resin, a pig's stomach lining or from rat poison can actually have a positive effect on something. I picked those three examples because that's what three popular drugs are actually derived from.

So we have hundreds of thousands of little trial and errors, and eventually something gets through all the little tests, passes the animal tests, passes the safety tests, and can then finally start the big clinical trial hurdles. The phase 1 mainly being for safety, and the phase 2 mainly being for efficacy (and safety too).

So this is where you finally find out whether your little bit of mango seed extract can actually cure malaria!

ok, back to nnz2256. nnz2566 is an analogue of a naturally occurring neuroprotective peptide. It is derived from what is actually released by humans in the event of a traumatic brain injury, and already works. We know that it already works.

To quote from Larry Glass "evolution is our drug discovery platform".

The plan with nnz2256 is to give humans more of this stuff that already works. That is really what we are testing here imho, not does it work or not (we know that it does) - but does giving humans more of the stuff help?

The thinking is that in the natural world humans who suffer severe or moderate traumatic brain injury would already be doomed, as they would have fallen from a cliff or have been mauled by a bear or something. But of course today we can keep people alive after quite horrific injuries.

So does more help? Well the testing seems to prove that it does.

The animal testing is not a nice thing, but unfortunately it is part of drug development. So in the animal tests rats have had various types of controlled head and brain impact injuries. These rats, just like all mammals, release their own substances to protect against the tbi. But yet, as stated by Larry previously "(where nnz2256 was used) across all the models and all the studies, outcomes have improved.".

So this means that there is evidence that more is helping. To take another quote from Larry, "nnz2256 has multiple effects at different stages of the cascade".

Remember this is the big question of the phase 2 imho, as we know it works naturally and we know that it is pretty safe and is accepted by the body (it is human derived after all).

That's why I make the "greater than 50:50" chance of success call.

This is all just my opinion.

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$19.91
Change
-0.060(0.30%)
Mkt cap ! $2.535B
Open High Low Value Volume
$19.91 $20.09 $19.77 $870.8K 43.78K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 115 $19.90

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$19.91 12 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.43am 08/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NEU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.