HUM 1.81% 81.5¢ humm group limited

Why not a buyback???, page-16

1. 13,127 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1364
    @kittyboomboom

The resumption of dividends, in my view, is an attempt to shore up the flagging share price. I have written about this in another earlier thread on the Strategy Day for Investors.

The share price malaise is a mystery to everyone involved at Hum, investors as well.

In my view the malaise is a combination of failure after failure by FXL now known as HUM to deliver forecasts, the numerous large write offs that have occurred over the last 4 years and being slow to combating the sexiness of BNPL and the sexiness of alternative investing options such as APT and Z1P.

The only option for HUM is to develop some alternatives like Bundl and HumPro and take on partnerships with the likes of Mastercard and Westpac.

Unfortunately the market moved past FXL and now the effort required by the rebadged HUM to wrest back SP momentum is gargantuan.

So gargantuan that many shareholders have simply walked away in desperation with many, many investors licking their wounds and regretting the massive oppotunity cost of staying in HUM in the hope of a SP re-rate that has never eventuated.

In my investing world HUM is my most frustrating investment. They say time heals all wounds. In the case of HUM there may be an exception to this rule.

My time in HUM may be drawing to a close. If only I could get a sign either way as to business performance and the corresponding SP direction.
    Last edited by daicosisgod: 08/11/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HUM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.