TLS 0.82% $3.70 telstra group limited

why not, page-7

1. 14,237 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    "Any other opions on what will happen to the share price over the next couple of months"

I have no idea but.......
    Last October Citigroup analysis predicted that the sp would fall by a dollar if Telstra walked away from the NBN.

More recently they warn that the return on investment for the Telco sector will fall as more money is spent on a new NBN and earnings fall due to increased competition.
    The said "if the NBN were built by a Telstra competitor and the expected returns were of a lower, "utility style", Telstra could lose 23 per cent of its market share"

http://business.theage.com.au/business/telstra-may-be-hit-hard-under-new-regulations-20090316-8zxh.html

Players face increased competition in the mobile sector with Vodafone and Hutchison merging.

Also I read today an article on Business Spectator entitled The Shape of things to come. Talking about the possibilities that extra open access backhaul might mean for retailers of broadband products.

"While Telstra was busy stealing headlines for alleged anti-competitive behaviour another announcement was made providing a peek into the future where there will be a more competitive high-speed broadband world that bypasses Telstra's network.

OptiComm – which is half owned by Hills Industries – and Japanese technology company NEC have joined forces to provide an open access, fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) broadband network using competitive backhaul connections while offering a choice of internet service providers."

http://www.businessspectator.com.au/bs.nsf/Article/The-shape-of-things-to-come-$pd20090319-QAAEA?OpenDocument&src=sph

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.70
Change
0.030(0.82%)
Mkt cap ! $42.75B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.67 $3.72 $3.66 $77.20M 20.89M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 199823 $3.70

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.71 829839 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.