ADO 0.00% 2.2¢ anteotech ltd

why on earth does, page-70

1. 30,279 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1822
    TanNui:

If you have a stock that is trending down, surely buying more (not selling) will mean you average down?

This is what I have done, although I sold a small holding over a month ago for unrelated reasons.

When checking out a stock I also take a good look at the credibility management, their background and how it all fits together. Shonky operators don't have long careers in an exacting industry like this one.

I think the only disappointment has been Mark Bouris who seems to have next to zero effect on with his high domestic profile in Australia with a corresponding take-up of the stock. It just didn't happen.

This reflects less on him, and more on the paranoid attitude to risk in the market post GFC. This has radically changed, volumes are low and money which rushed into bonds has been trickling back into stocks as interest rates decline, but more into dividend payers like the banks and TLS than speculative stocks. That's even when the risk is demonstrably minimal on closer examination.

I hold only speccies and am painfully aware of this phenomenon, underestimating the paranoia of the punter and of the frightened fund manager with very short performance schedules who are tarnishing all speccies with the same brush. There is simply no patience with delay, and delay we have had. Whether it is understandable or not is beside the point in this environment. It's an unforgiving environment.

Another speccie which has sold millions in advance contracts had a publicity campaign, has an EU government endorsing, had BRW Robert Gottleibson (sp?)writing gushing articles etc has had next to zero market response. People are simply not focusing on anything with a complex story. That one relies on a satellite launch in 2014? No way.

It's stupid but this is what is squeezing a lot of us, those who believe in Australian innovation and have taken sizeable punts to back it.

It's just the way things are. Traders have been doing ok out of it, but it's one skill set I don't have and haven't been in a robust enough state of health to try it. Some days I just cannot concentrate as the quality of my posts can vary. I don't want to worry about carry over trades, Macd lines etc etc. It's just way too much to learn about when already my head is full of fundamentals, economics etc. I have patience but it can be wearing.

The LT prospects for ADO are very promising IMO and it is far from a shonky crowd IMO.

DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $54.30M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 375200 2.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.2¢ 554685 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 09.59am 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ADO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.