That's a whole lot of dribbling and yet you say nothing at all....

1. 35,199 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    That's a whole lot of dribbling and yet you say nothing at all. About all you've demonstrated is how little you know about the national grid.

" Grid batteries for the forseable future are a very low practical option but high on the renewables marketing agenda."

Oh sure. Grid sized batteries are only for marketing. We don't actually need them. rolleyes.png

So the interconnectors are paid for are they ? What about those network charges that are one of the main reasons power prices have gone up according to Rod Sims from the study done by the ACCC .

Also, in the past couple of years, we have had existing interconnector failures including the current Heywood link failure. I certainly hope that the fossil industry will be picking up the tab for those. Particularly the one that caused SA to go black a couple of years ago and caused Olympic Dam to lose it's total year's profits.

I reckon I'd rather pay for renewables than having to pay for new coal fired power stations. The average age of cfps in Australia is over 25 years. We will have to pay for a complete suite of new ones in the near future. Or, are they going to pay for themselves ????

Pumped hydro was built for night time load. Similar to night rate hot water heating being compulsory in the past.
    It was also used for instant load response as the lumbering cfps are too slow to react.

The Portland Smelter was required to justify building Loy Yang B. That's why they were able to do a subsidy deal. A subsidy is a subsidy. At least the subsidies for renewables is being reduced.

Seems like you and your mate better take the ' how an electricity grid works ' class at troll school this week. It will stop you looking so foolish next time. smile.png

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.