That's a whole lot of dribbling and yet you say nothing at all....

1. 8,407 Posts.
    That's a whole lot of dribbling and yet you say nothing at all. About all you've demonstrated is how little you know about the national grid."

Wrong again.

I said nothing about whether grid sized batteries are needed, only that they don't yet exist ... which is true. Unlike your marketing fantasy based only on marketing projections.

Likewise existing interconnectors were installed for existing power sources ... renewables have introduced the need for more. Don't pretend they haven't. All existing FF generation can be down from time to time and that's why we have power generation redundancy. Nothing to do with renewables as an extra factor with extra costs which should be included when trumpeting how wonderful and cheap they are.

"I reckon I'd rather pay for renewables than having to pay for new coal fired power stations. The average age of cfps in Australia is over 25 years. We will have to pay for a complete suite of new ones in the near future. Or, are they going to pay for themselves ????"

No idea what that is about. You can pay for whatever you like as long as you factor in the real costs.
    Not your renewables investment version ... which incidentally is under a bit of pressure in the real world.

"Pumped hydro was built for night time load. Similar to night rate hot water heating being compulsory in the past.
    It was also used for instant load response as the lumbering cfps are too slow to react."

Please provide some actual details for mainland Australia as motherhood statements mean nothing.

"At least the subsidies for renewables is being reduced."

Not sure what your point is here.
    Two wrongs make a right ?
    Politicians subsidize whatever they think will help them retain power ?

Your remarks about understanding how the Australian power grid works are laughable.
    You clearly have no idea except what your renewables investment advocates dredge up to convince you to part with the good old dollar.

Nothing wrong with looking foolish as long as it's on the road to real knowledge.
    Marketing is very rarely anything to do with real knowledge.
    Yet that seems to be the source of most of your foolishness.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.