SLA 0.00% $3.34 silk laser australia limited

It wasn't so good for shareholders nerves, but I'm going to list...

1. 420 Posts.
    It wasn't so good for shareholders nerves, but I'm going to list some reasons why the Opes Prime Collapse was a blessing in disguise for Solagran and shareholders alike:

Directors and other holders who had leveraged their shares through Opes had them suddenly stolen from them when they were 80-90c a share. These holders will most likely receive 60-70% of their holdings back in cash, or about 50c per share.

These persons have just had months of buying at 30c and below, and all the shares have been bought back. It's as if these holders were offered the following: We'll pay you 50c for your shares now, and you can buy them all back for less than 30c later. It's like a giant short from 50c down to 30c, just with a deferred payment. Opes victims could have made at least 20c for every share they had. That's outstanding. Assuming Solamind/LK/DOB/whoever was able to muster up some extra cash to re-buy their shares, it's an instant profit on their shares. At 80c a share that's 25%...

Solagran has had since had 3-4 months to get its plans, manufacturing, marketing etc right for the launch of Ropren into the Russian Market. When we enter the market it's going to be big.

If demand is as great as is expected, Ropren will sell faster than we can make it anyway so any reserves built up will quickly go and we will be no worse off for having delayed sales. We'll be in the same position as before Opes Prime, except Solamind et al. will have an extra 20c profit per share.

Sure, we all wish it didn't happen but in retrospect, it looks like most holders could have come out better for it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.