PME 0.03% $134.31 pro medicus limited

"No hospital group is announcing a contract with PME at the...

1. 686 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 251
    "No hospital group is announcing a contract with PME at the moment because their people power is dedicated elsewhere."

The same thought had occurred to me.

However, in the current environment, even an announcement that the company is not seeing significant impact on its recurring revenues would be treated as a positive. I understand that the ASX has rules against making announcements for the sake of making announcements, but this is not a normal circumstances. The market is treating every stock as suspect. Consequently, an announcement that the bottom is not falling out of the business, so far, is valid new information and would assist shareholders and the market.

It seems to me that PME's pay per view revenues should if anything get a boost from here on.
    All indications are that hospital facilities in the US will be running absolutely flat out for at least six months and likely longer.

Presumably the imaging will also be in high demand.
    Stressed doctors will be using whatever tools they have available with less regard to cost.
    If it is remotely useful and available, it will be used.

I note that FPH have just updated their profit forecast on the back of demand for their respiratory products generated b Covid19.

It's an ill wind.

The awful reality is that If we manage to slow the rate of transmission sufficiently to stop the medical systems from being utterly overwhelmed, the consequence is that the infection created demand for medical care will continue beyond 2021 or until a vaccine is developed and deployed.
    At this point it is not clear that such slowing of transmission will be achieved, although the South Korean track record, gives some hope that it can be done, albeit at great economic cost.

Cheers

Last edited by Downanout: 17/03/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PME (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$134.31
Change
0.040(0.03%)
Mkt cap ! $14.12B
Open High Low Value Volume
$134.34 $135.88 $133.41 $28.87M 215.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100 $134.32

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$134.38 185 20
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.58pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PME (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.