Why pollsters are getting it wrong?, page-5

1. 6,726 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 290
    Hi,
    Boy did they get it wrong.
    But to put it into perspective, only a couple of percent, but of course what a difference that makes with our system.
    Anthony Greens take on in last night sounds reasonable.
    That is , as you say, you need a representative sample as your base.
    The old way involved the electoral roll, and landlines, which for obvious reasons isn't going to work anymore.

But lets not underestimate the extraordinary campaign run by Morrison.
    There may well have been a lot of people who at the end couldn't make the leap to the "Brave New World" Labor was touting, and there may have been a lot of last minute decisions.
    The general thrust of the policy , introducing their version of fairness , was a dog's breakfast, unnecessarily complex, and plenty of anomalies. Society is unfair, but singling out small groups and saying tough titty, "Well , if you don't like it, don't vote for us" , has to go down as the clanger of the century.
    I'm calling this election "The Revenge of the 8%", although there were a few other little groups who probably deserve a guernsey as well, but it wouldn't be as snappy sounding.
    Anyway, I'm off to count my franking credits, and look forward to the ASX on Monday.
    Have to look on the bright side.
    And at least my Abbott Derangement Syndrome has been lanced.
    cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.