Recently, many share traders have enjoyed decent returns from...

1. 96 Posts.
    Recently, many share traders have enjoyed decent returns from the sharemarkets. Some people say it's a bear market rally but I am not sure if it is a reversal.
    But if the property market keeps doing well, it may not the reversal yet and may find the real bottom of this bear market in another time.
    I trade in short term at the moment in share markets and observe closely the property market sentiment.
    According to an investment clock, when the property market is depressed significantly, it's time to enter share markets in long term. That may be wrong though.

As long as I know, 2/3 of volume in recent residential property markets is due to first home buyers.
    I sometimes drive around industrial areas to feel the business activities/sentiments. So I don't need to wait for any data release from media. What I found is that the number of commercial/industrial properties on lease/sales is increasing.

Another thing regarding residential properties, my question is what will happen after the increased first home owner grant (FHOG) is expired.
    And what if FHOG is extended only for a new home and removed for an established home in order to boost jobs and building/construction industries?

At the moment, it seems to me that FHB don't want to miss out the increased FHOG so that the property market is flat rather than any corrections.

Regarding rental markets, the number of overseas students and visitors with working holiday visa looks like decreasing. I heard that some months ago, it is hard for those overseas students/visitors to find an accommodation for less than 6 months stay but now renters take any short term stay. What does it mean? You may draw your conclusion.
    Of course, this may be very limited information but you may consider as a measure of your investments.

Cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.