QAN 0.33% $6.01 qantas airways limited

Why QAN sliding?, page-3

1. 3,739 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 337
    I think we may test the low of $3.15 again soon and if it breaks that then who knows but this is my explanation of the current downward trend.

QAN sank from about $4.21 to $2.58 over only about eight short weeks, staggering for a blue-chip but not surprising for an airline. As the price fell, many offloaded and have probably stayed away still licking their wounds. I took Buffett's advice and hung on as people left the party. As we began to approach the August results, the stock rose breaking the concrete $3 resistance level and increased exponentially as Aug 24 drew closer. If memory serves me correctly there was a single day jump of about 13c only a few days prior which supports my sentiments. Now that the news is behind us it's profit taking time for many and remember many stocks are like balloons where the majority of air is expelled closer to nozzle release time later fizzing out. We should now be at the 'fizzle out' phase so this should be (don't take this as gospel) a turnaround as volume has been decreasing over the bearish phase. Those sellers are in 2 categories: 1) Initial holders who bought in at below current levels and 2) Optimistic buyers who purchased on emotion last week expecting further climbing only to be faced with a sell phase so are dumping as they leave.

I've said this before and I'll state it again: Markets operate solely on 2 emotions - fear and greed and over the longer term, impatient investors usually give their money to patient ones.
    DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.01
Change
0.020(0.33%)
Mkt cap ! $9.793B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.05 $6.09 $5.99 $19.43M 3.218M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 26704 $6.01

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.02 35986 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.