" there is currently not a battery, wind turbine or solar plant...

1. 35,008 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4

" there is currently not a battery, wind turbine or solar plant that can replace a black coal fired generator in Australia "

I'd say that is a pretty fair statement. Kinda simplifies things a bit but it's not worth arguing about really. I'd word it more this way. There is not a combination of solar plant , wind turbine and battery that can replace a coal plant right now.

In a similar way, there's no cure for cancer right now. We are making great progress in reduction, detection and treatment though. There's no cure for many illnesses. We'll just stop pursuing these things will we ? Think of all the money we're spending on medical research. I'm sure we could find other things to do with that money. rolleyes.png

People get killed in car accidents every day. Let's stop making cars safer, eh ?
    Preventing people from dying in accidents is getting too hard isn't it ? We'll just give up now and put up with people dying on the roads instead.

Atmospheric CO2 has nothing to climate change ? That's funny, there's a whole lot of qualified people in the world that would disagree with you. You know, experts that have studied the climate for decades.

But hey, you know better don't you ?

What are your qualifications btw ?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.