Why retirement is a myth, page-86

1. 28,748 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 424
    I agree. I tried taking this case to the Students' Council (think that is what it was called) and they conceded they knew there were problems in this Department. However, not able to help. More of the story was that I had been required to submit all my records for the students, their submission of work and the assessment I gave for each piece of work submitted, and the final assessment as I had made of each of them. It was supposed to be apportioned as in a certain percentage of class/cumulative assessment, and another percentage for the exam. I spent many hours writing justifications of my assessments and did all this very conscientiously. All to no avail. Even the best students marked at more than Pass level were simply given the same assessment as those I had never seen before, except on the day of the final exam. They were all assessed with PASS. The conscientious students were justifiably disgusted. I rather suspect, my comments and work associated with the final assessment I made of each of them, were simply ignored and all stamped with PASS. I was absolutely disinterested in continuing with RMIT after my experience, but I wanted to get justice for the students. I was not able to do so.
    This is why I am grateful to no longer be part of "education" today. It is immoral.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.