why should we have prayer rooms at uni??, page-2

1. 2,381 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    Yes, it would appear as if the majority of Australian students are second class citizens in our universities. Every year I return, the benefits for commonwealth supported students become less and less. I am so disillusioned by the fact that universities are no longer about students and learning, simply establishments geared towards making money from full-fee paying students, who are allowed to pass their subjects time after time without doing the work that is required by non-international students. No-one in our degree program has ever been granted an extension without a certificate from a doctor or psychologist.

A friend of mine works as a psychologist at one of our major universities here in Brisbane. She was telling me how their department is so underfunded, even photocopying and provision of basic stationary is seen as a luxury. The international students are provided with buffets for their events during orientation whilst the domestic students are lucky to be provided with one sticky bun.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.