PEK 4.55% 21.0¢ peak rare earths limited

why so low, page-5

1. sjl
    1,213 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 328
    From a strictly technical point of view: 0.1 cent per share. That's the absolute lowest point that shares on the ASX can trade. (If the shares are realistically worth less than that, they probably just won't trade. See, for example, NUW - formerly DMN - for a case in point. In the incredibly unlikely event that Peak falls that far, I'll be buying several million [assuming nothing significant has changed between now and then; that assumption would almost certainly be wrong if such a fall did happen], thank you very much.)

Realistically? I would have thought that 40 cents would be a floor, but obviously, that thought would have been wrong. I don't believe it'll fall much further, but I have nothing to back that belief up.

At the moment, the volume's pretty light; down half a cent on just over half a million shares (28 trades - stuff all, really.) If the sentiment shifts significantly, in either direction, you'll almost certainly see a significant movement in price. There's only $100,000 worth of shares up for grabs between the current price and 0.355, for example.

Fundamentally, Peak is a story stock. It's worth as much as people believe the story is worth. In my opinion, now's a good time to buy them, as I think they'll be worth significantly more once the northern zone has been specced out properly, but again - that's my opinion and I could easily be wrong; don't take this as gospel.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
21.0¢
Change
-0.010(4.55%)
Mkt cap ! $58.61M
Open High Low Value Volume
21.5¢ 22.0¢ 21.0¢ $68.66K 316.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 59950 21.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.5¢ 66379 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.21pm 05/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.