TWH 0.00% 1.2¢ tw holdings limited

Hi Guys, I like you and have enjoyed reading your posts which...

1. 20 Posts.
    Hi Guys, I like you and have enjoyed reading your posts which have helped me decide on stocks too. I'm reducing my TWH holding a bit (I will retain some TWH because it is a good company). Not a worry in the medium to long term - but I don't think the medical establishment is fully on board... This is my first post and rather than start a new thread - I thought I'd share with you -
    conservative medical establishment party-poopers:
    It looks like there may be sticking points with the medical establishment encouraging prescribing the whole cannabis plant.
    TGA  previously indicated they'd schedule the whole plant including flowering tops as well as some preparations of it out of Schedule 9 (prohibited substances) and into the less restrictive Schedule 8 in  their interim decision on new scheduling of cannabis here -

http://www.tga.gov.au/scheduling-de...nvitation-further-comment-cannabis-april-2016

The new standard for the Uniform Scheduling of Medicines and Poisons (SUSMP) is out this afternoon - here:
    https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2016L00849/Html/Text#_Toc450920901

Nabiximols (botanical extracts of the whole cannabis plant as a buccol spray) are in "Schedule 8 -Controlled drug  – Substances which should be available for use but require restriction of manufacture, supply, distribution, possession and use to reduce abuse"

Dronabinol is there too ( a preparation of delta9 THC) "when  prepared and packed for therapeutic use."

Cannabadiol is in the much less restrictive Schedule 4 for prescription medications (in similar preparations as I read it)

However Cannabis except where otherwise specified is still in Schedule 9 - "contains substances that should be available only for teaching, training, medical or scientific research including clinical trials conducted with the approval of Commonwealth and/or State and Territory health authorities.  Although appearing as a Schedule in this Standard, the method by which it is implemented in the States and Territories may vary."

So Cannabis the plant is ok in trials and where approved by the states/territories. But the Advisory Committee on Medicines Scheduling (ACMS) has given little encouragement so far as I can tell - with this difference of the scheduling from their interim decision.

HTH
    Good luck, Nicko

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TWH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.