SRL 3.96% 48.5¢ sunrise energy metals limited

Why Speed to Production Matters, page-17

1. 4,508 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 783
    B
    Bomber...I meant the "Speed to Production" to be a quick in-and-out side trip; but there is one more
    angle I would to call attention to. It is pretty speculative;  but there is reason to consider it,
    in connection to the conversations about off-take agreements and uncommitted production.

Some time ago, incidental to real substantive  news, I saw that Robert Friedland was in London having discussions with the LME. Some time after that, the LME announced that they would be trading cobalt-related contracts and creating indexes for the pricing of  cobalt and cobalt sulfate.

The thought occurs, that if CLQ (or anyone else) has uncommitted cobalt or cobalt sulfate, they might be able to sell it directly through the LME, at market prices. Suppliers who are directly selling the physical through the LME
    would  not have the need for customer off-takes. They could sell their production at the spot market prices through the LME at spot market prices on contracts bought by interested parties.

This is my speculation. I have nothing factual to present as confirmation; other than the circumstantial evidence,
    which is completely consistent with known facts and Friedland's oft-repeated position that he will not take off-takes at fixed prices.

As speculative as it may be, I  believe that this is what is going to happen. I suggest...no, I predict...that CLQ will sell a large percentage of their production into the LME to satisfy contracts placed there, and thus realize full profit as market conditions allow, without the need for off-take agreements with customers.
    Last edited by sallywoofs: 13/03/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
48.5¢
Change
-0.020(3.96%)
Mkt cap ! $43.76M
Open High Low Value Volume
45.5¢ 50.0¢ 44.0¢ $34.40K 74.16K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 954 46.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
51.0¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SRL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.