Why stop at berries?, page-12

1. 11,084 Posts.
    Yes, same here, ... we don't buy products manufactured from New Zealand now, as most likely all from China, through NZ to Aus.

The thing is, with people moving into cities, units, town houses, high rise, etc, the ability to produce one's own fruit, vege's, meat, is nearly impossible, except for maybe gardens on nature strips or collective efforts to have a communal garden, etc. somewhere suitable.
    Up til now, IMO, we are very lucky to be able to buy the range of food products from the likes of Safeway and Coles, etc, and at a fair price, but the problem of us not having control over where our food comes from is escalating while labelling laws allow us public to be further hoodwinked and be eating inappropriate materials.
    And that is on top of halal certification bs.

What I have found is, that it is not so easy to produce fruit and vegetables myself, even if you do have the space to do it, ie, here in Albury, shorter and colder growing climate, pests, black birds, fruit fly, cabbage moth, etc, etc.
    It is easy enough to grow some lettuce, silver beet, carrots, and some other vegetables, but probably not enough for a complete diet.

I just hope there is enough public interest to complain to Supermarkets about inappropriate food sources, like China, Vietnam, Belgium, Indonesia, Thailand, South Africa, etc, ... otherwise gradually we will be eating shisenhousen .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.