JBH 1.95% $77.39 jb hi-fi limited

why sudden drop?, page-8

1. 5,383 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 535
    Let get on with JBH with my observation..

this may not bare any similarity but it worth noting however

Many years ago Coles was decent retailer, infact did much better than Woolies then it start the sliding and one day I catch a glim of an interview then Coles CEO (Fletcher)

they ask Coles performance is pretty bad and on it goes blah blah...and then they ask Fletcher do you shop at Coles?..his answer shock me..

he said he hasn't gone for groceries shopping for many many years now... what sort of management dont go in their own shop to see what their customers seeing?

you will be steering the ship in the dark if that is the case.

at the same time that wonderful man Corbett from Woolie, I see him on a weekly basis on the TV advertising for Big W every day low price and on the shop floor...

I admit I was a little young then probably in my early teens when I see Corbett on the big-w ads
    I just assume he just another person in the ads with a very friendly smile...

only when I'm old enough to have a job and start investing that I realise that man is actually the CEO of Woolie and the picture ties together :-)

and the history is now written for Coles and Woolies...

on to JBH, when Richard announced he stepped down as JBH CEO and Terry Smart step up the mark

I was a little skeptical because Richard is the one that came up with the messy store layout, the hand writing, the crazy ads and generate a sense of bargaining when you shop at JB hi-fi

then a couple weeks later I read an article in the Australian about Terry Smart the first thing he admitted to the paper is he is not a salesman!

hello Dejavu, you in retail and you admitted you not a salesman? how can you comes up with ideas to drive sales and to generate growth if you are not a salesman ??

First year in the job 5% below target when Aussie economy are firing in all cylinder

would I invest in this company in its present form knowing what I know? Not enough margin of safety for me on the change of guard

Have a good weekend folks and enjoy life, Investing is just a side show :-)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add JBH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$77.39
Change
1.480(1.95%)
Mkt cap ! $8.461B
Open High Low Value Volume
$76.74 $78.09 $76.43 $45.86M 612.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1167 $77.38

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$77.39 497 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
JBH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.