Wealthcrea8or"In the short time I was involved in the industry I...

1. 12,085 Posts.
    Wealthcrea8or
    "In the short time I was involved in the industry I saw some absolutely disgusting things, needless to say it would have to be a very astute and genuine FP who would be managing my money."

I ask in good faith. Are there really FP who do anything other than sell a preferred product and collect commission? Do any really access your lifestyle and follow up with a sincere effort to maximise your investment to suit. It may not always be the choice that returns the most money but the most flexibility. Who cares about changing circumstances and the need to adapt with them. I don't use FPs. I believe a decent FP should also be an accountant. How often do you see disclosures to seek accountant advice to see if the products suit your needs. Surely a FP should know the ideal 'monetary climates' that their products work best in.
    A bit like banks, scrutinise heavily before borrowing(and so they should), but will never follow up to see if you're still a viable payer.
    As you state, best to invest some time to educate yourself and be in control of your destiny. I realise some don't have the ability, for them I worry. Like people who invest on the ASX based 100% on stock broker advice. What a scary thought :((

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.