"No matter what Tesla and Saudis do, the EV will be price...

1. 33,181 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1667
    "No matter what Tesla and Saudis do, the EV will be price competitive with ICE by 2022."

Horses for courses , Maybe for small commuter cars it already is competitive if only needing to go 40 kms a day and charged overnight at home , however the low energy to weight ratio of lithium batteries compared to ICE means vehicles expected to routinely go more than 150 kms with uphill sections and possibly towing makes the vehicle prohibitively expensive due to needing a much larger battery plus the inconvenience of off site recharging so for those vehicles maybe 2030 is the tipping point when by that time batteries achieve more energy for their weight and are less expensive per Kwh and sufficient recharge stations .

I have a small diesel car (Hyundai I30 )wish I had bought a small Leaf EV instead , however also have a largish diesel SUV ( Kia Sorento ) which has power to pull a 2.5 tonne trailer almost as economic as the small diesel car and can not see myself trading it for a EV SUV for another 7 years

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.