Why Tesla is looking at graphite..., page-3

1. =V=
    2,387 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 48
    I'm wonder if Flint has his numbers right this time around.  I remember his last article posted here was an embarrassment.

I see Robin Brumby left a comment on the site regarding an Aust. company installing batteries that are supposedly more competitive than the Powerwall in both performance and cost.

I had a look at their website and their basic 6kw hybrid battery/PV system sells for $23k. This is entry level and I suspect by the time you pay it off it will be time to replace it. You would still be tethered to the grid and up for daily charges. But if you are serious you would need to look at 20-40kw minimum to release oneself and hope it doesn't get cloudy. Plus a lot more batteries to charge up the xEV ... yes, all nice and green but certainly not cost effective.

Needs to heavily subsidized by the government OR electricity prices to be heavily taxed OR prices to plummet for there to be a mass uptake. Bromby quotes 15c/kwh over 15 years. When you add on your daily charges and maintenance costs you're back to square one.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.