ZIP 0.36% $2.79 zip co limited..

Get off your pedestal. I've worked at 3 separate SaaS 'unicorn'...

1. 67 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    Get off your pedestal. I've worked at 3 separate SaaS 'unicorn' companies, and one thing is consistent from the outside. 'Some' just don't get behavioural shifts and great 'technology' driven experiences.

Your high and mighty sentiment reeks of old school thinking/investing. The type that wanted profitability (and dividends) from Amazon and Facebook circa 2010. Meanwhile 'those companies' executed their strategy - UX/CX, consumer behaviour adaption, additional growth levers, vertical integration, and most importantly innovation, leading them to dominance (pricing power, modularization, data etc).

I don't have faith in banks ability to be 100% consumer-focused. Not to mention the potential global scale at play. BNPL is the first step, and these business models will expand across the value chain - either vertically, or horizontally.

In summary. I don't know everything. Neither do you. Facts are clear though, consumer behaviour can shift on a global scale quickly. Over the last 20 years, there's numerous example of this.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.