LYC 0.00% $7.02 lynas rare earths limited

why the abc doesn't deserve taxpayer funds, page-4

1. 98 Posts.
    I have sent this complain tio the ABC. Will be interesting if we hear anything back.

Hi there,

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/05/22/3223501.htm?section=business

I was disapppointed to read the above article and note a number of blatant factual inaccuracies. The key ones are detailed below:

- The company in question, Lynas, does not produce or export Thorium, a radioactive metal. The material Lynas aims to produce is a concentrate of Rare Earths ore, which contains a miniscule amount of naturally-occurring Thorium. The quantities of Thorium contained in the ore are so small that the WA EPA have not deemed the concentrate to require a dangerous goods transport license. Your article's implication that Thorium is the primary product being exported is therefore false and scaremongering.

- Lynas has not yet started transporting the concentrate to Malaysia, as the Malaysian government has temporary restrictions on the ore's import pending the outcome of an independent review. So your article's asserion that "Lynas has been transporting Thorium to Malaysia" is a falsehood.

From the look of it, the ABC has taken a press release from the Green Party and simply reprinted it verbatim without any fact-checking.

I request that you withdraw the above article immediately, investigate the points I have raised above and then republish a corrected version. Your article in its current form represents false, pointless scaremongering that I would normally associate with tabloids, not the national broadcaster.

I looks forwards to hearing from you soon.

Best regards.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.02
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.561B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.92 $7.09 $6.86 $26.51M 3.784M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5100 $7.02

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.04 8902 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.