FML 3.70% 14.0¢ focus minerals ltd

why the apathy !!!, page-9

1. 5,237 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 35
    One think that I forgot to say when I mentioned off the books or off the balance sheet transactions.

The fact of Gulara PTY LTD being as it seems a subsidiary of DB does not imply that DB owns the shares.

For example, when a bank has a customer who deposits $1 million in a regular bank deposit account, the bank has a $1 million liability. However, if the customer chooses to transfer the deposit to a money market mutual fund account sponsored by the same bank, the $1 million would not be a liability of the bank, but an amount held in trust for the client (formally as shares or units in a form of collective fund). If the funds are used to purchase stock, the stock is similarly not owned by the bank, and do not appear as an asset or liability of the bank. If the client subsequently sells the stock and deposits the proceeds in a regular bank account, these would now again appear as a liability of the bank.

We must not forget that DB is a group of companies comprising banks, shadow banks, investment funds, asset management firms, brokerage firms, etc, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Off-balance-sheet

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FML (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.0¢
Change
0.005(3.70%)
Mkt cap ! $40.11M
Open High Low Value Volume
14.5¢ 14.5¢ 13.5¢ $12.79K 91.36K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 60148 13.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.0¢ 14983 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FML (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.