LNC 0.00% 99.5¢ linc energy ltd

Shane75you say:"Yes we know about GLF, but thanks to the efforts...

1. DrP
    150 Posts.
    Shane75

you say:

"Yes we know about GLF, but thanks to the efforts of PPH it has been discovered that above ground gasification CTL plants cost about $3 Billion to build, by using UCG LNC’s commercial plant will cost about $800 million. The WTW GHG emissions from above ground gasification CTL plants are about 108% worse than traditional oil refining, by using UCG LNC can reduce that to about 8%. The cost of a barrel of deisel from above ground gasification CTL plants are about $50 more once carbon trading comes in. LNC’s price is about $28 per barrel. That why there is so much excitment about what LNC are doing."

Suspect some of these numbers that LNC are claiming are unture.

Not sure what size CTL plant you are talking about, but $800million for a 20,000 bpd is too low even for UCG. Yes UCG doesn't require a mine or surface gasifier or in LNC case an oxygen plant. But the gas cleanup section needs to be bigger, and since LNC use air gasification rather than oxygen the whole sythesis section will be about 50% bigger than that normally required for a CTL plant. So overall I don't believe UCG based CTL plant will be a factor of four to five cheaper than surface gasification for the same plant capacity.

The GHG claims by LNC are unsubstantiated and I challenge anyone to post calculations demonstrating HOW this can be achieved without a carbon capture and sequestration facility of some type (which LNC state is not included).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.