zzdx,I see you are still finding things to get cranky about, you...

1. 422 Posts.
    zzdx,

I see you are still finding things to get cranky about, you should calm down its not good for you!

My belief is that no-one who goes to or supports War is a Christian or Godly but does so for their own Greedy gain or to express their hatred at those that do not conform to their own beliefs.

War in the Bible, if it is true (I say this for your benefit) originated with God and was conducted for his righteous purpose, being the creator of all things, on those
    that were ungodly and also for the benefit of those people which he at that Time favoured as his own, namely Israel.

When Jesus came along that changed as God disowned Israel due to their hard heartedness and ungodly ways and they have being fighting ever since and this has spread to all nations as is also mentioned in the Bible in Matthew I think.

God and Jesus teach as mentioned previously in this thread to Love your Neighbour as yourself, this love is mentioned in 1Cor 13:4-8, why don't you have a look as no-one who goes to War is practising these principles as it does not suit their own evil intentions of what War is about which is dominating others for greedy gain and a lack of generosity.

Gandhi mentioned this, I think from memory and his belief was that if the whole World practised what Jesus taught in his Sermon on the Mount that we would all be living in Peace.

To back up my point about a lack of genuine generosity, I ask you to examine this.

If you take away Birthdays and Christmas and all the other so called Christian traditions that most people practise by giving in order to receive ( and I include Tax deductible donations in this also) and you are honest you will see that without these Celebrations there is virtually no giving at all without some expectation in return.

Why don't you examine yourself and see if I'm right ( but you must be honest in your assessment of course).

That is why my belief is that all War is unacceptable to God and unchristian unless it has his authority.
    Which how can anyone prove when by their own actions they conduct themselves in an ungodly way.

Another point to re-enforce this ungodly behaviour is that the Bible mentions that God allows Human Governments to exist as a means of having a semblance of order to prevent a complete anarchy.

Christians are directed to obey Human Governments unless they contradict Gods own Laws. This is why some do not vote or go to War but Pay Taxes and be obedient to the Government generally ( I'm sure you know who I'm talking about....Pay Caesars things to Caesar and God's things to God)

How can a group of People, supported by another Human Government try to overthrow an existing Government and say they are doing it in the name of God?

This is a complete contradiction as by doing so you are encouraging the over throw of all Human Governments in the End.

This only makes me believe we are closer to the end of Humanity as we know it as I mentioned when discussing the Gay Marriage Thread.

snider

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.