BIT 5.00% 1.9¢ biotron limited

Hi Leveller,My understanding is that the delays in obtaining the...

1. 1,843 Posts.
    Hi Leveller,

My understanding is that the delays in obtaining the import permit for BIT225 may see further delays of the trials. Both the Argentinian and Thai sites are ready and awaiting the drug (the MD having just returned from a site inspection of the Thai site).

At the 600mg BIT225 displayed some efficacy and no toxicity, however the upcoming 28 day trials will be using 56 twice-daily doses of 200mg or 400mg (or placebo) with interferon and another compound whose name escapes me just now. BIT225 has been found to be highly synergistic with these compounds in cell cultures so it is an extremely critical phase. I'd say there's a huge amount of risk priced into it due to the increased probability of exposing potential toxicity so if they get this 2a trial right, this stock will absolutely fly.

I am expecting a market update in the coming several weeks however nothing is certain, particularly when there is precious little material progress to report.

Lets hope the trials can commence and conclude before the kitty runs dry. From what I hear, the Thai trial is likely to be permitted and operational before the Argentine trial. I have previously questioned the MD on her logic in paying for two trial sites, though she has been clearly vindicated on a decision that she explained was to mitigate this exact risk of delays. I know she wants 2a results before any significant raising (and a significant raising before any potential partnership deal), so here's hoping they can be squeezed in.

The company is heading in the right direction, they just need to be more clear with their shareholders where the company stands with regards to progressing phase 2a.

I've accumulated a christload of the BITO, figuring they'll either see toxicity (or limited efficacy) and go bust (same outcome for BIT and BITO), or successfully conclude phase 2a and engage a partner before proceeding with 3a for HEP C and preliminary tests for HIV. Lets not forget the company only focused BIT225 on HEP C because it is a more valuable market. With recent significant increases in the market value for HIV treatments, I have it on good authority that commencing HIV trials is BITs next main objective.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.9¢
Change
-0.001(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $17.14M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.9¢ 1.9¢ 1.9¢ $5.671K 298.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 512798 1.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.0¢ 1050263 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BIT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.