HDR hardman resources limited

I'd be pretty certain they found no OWC at 2645m, since they...

1. 128 Posts.
    I'd be pretty certain they found no OWC at 2645m, since they were coring from about 2380m and the gross HC column was 93m.

I think they still need to drill further out towards the edge of the structure to find an OWC. That will be Ching-3, which I thought was programmed after Banda, giving them time to work the Ching-2 results into the drilling plan for Ching-3.

As to those rumours, I think the only credible hypothesis underlying "less than expected" success prior to production test (and there were certainly no production test results available to anyone, even the drilling supervisor on the Deepwater Discovery, at the time these rumours allegedly started) is that the NET hydrocarbon pay in the well is significantly less than expected. I say this because ROC's announcement on the 93m column said something like "we hope to release further data including a specific net pay figure in a day or two". You could take this as an implication that the net to gross ratio was of material significance, ie higher or lower than expectation. You could then extrapolate even further and guess that maybe the value was on the low side which might have implications for reserves etc. Also note that WPL stated they would test two intervals in the primary objective; in theory the 93m gross column could only be two thinnish sand layers with a thick impermeable layer of shale in between (I think this is an extreme interpretation)

All this is speculative, other than the fact that ROC thought it worth bringing up this specific issue in its initial announcement. Insiders certainly know the true story by now since this would have been clear from the logs which were run last week.

The fact that they decided to go ahead with a production test must mean though that there is some minimum pay thickness justifying the expense of testing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.