SMY sally malay mining limited

Boned1The graphs showed both price and stocks. With nickel...

1. 5,227 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 146
    Boned1
    The graphs showed both price and stocks. With nickel stocks up and new production coming on stream from a number of mines, I would suspect that the smart money has determined that nickel has peaked, and the money is now flowing into oil stocks. Nickel will come good again, it is just a matter of when and whether people are prepared to wait. Some stocks like ALB have had t/o rumour around them, WSA has had good results from drilling, so I suspect that people see more upside in those two.

BHP views mines on a 30 to 50 year life span. They do their NPV's very differently to the analysts. I suspect that BHP has determined the profitability of Ravensthorpe on the long term Nickel price and anything above that is money in the bank for them.

The run up to $6 can be explained on the back of takeover speculation. All the small nickel producers are vulnerable. Sally unfortunately has not held the price.

I agree with you that it is a quality stock. I am more reserved on your comments re short term flucuation. Nickel stocks, in the absence of takeover activity will IMO continue to slide for some time yet.

HT1

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.