RMD 1.11% $29.10 resmed inc

A lot of posters on here saying this is not an issue without...

1. 2,018 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 498
    A lot of posters on here saying this is not an issue without referencing data. It looks like you're going to do actual research. I'm interested in your findings/conclusions @pastperformer . Also interested in any one else's thoughts that are based on numbers and tangible research.
    I have tried looking through the news articles to understand this more. From what I can see, the instantness of OSA are reduced to around 25 per hr from approx 50 per hr when taking GLP drugs. To me, this doesn't sound all that appealing because 25 instances sounds too high!

I am no expert but what I do know for sure is that I am missing something.

Could it be that if instances are below 25 then the patient is 'clinically cured' i.e. sufficiently treated that the apnea is no longer leading to reduction in quality of life?

The researches seem confidant that they'll get FDA approval to use this to treat GLP drugs to treat sleep apnea. This means that insurers could cover GLP drugs to treat sleep apnea. If this is true, RMD will take a large hit to revenue. BUT. This isn't making sense as 25 instances per hr seems too many to call GLPs a 'treatment'. It's helping but not really a treatment.

What am I missing? Why are the researchers confident that FDA will grant GLPs treatment status for OSA with such a large number of instances still happening?

My understanding is that CPAP machines bring the OSA instances to less than 5 per hr. I assume that practitioners will still recommend CPAP for treatment of OSA as it's far more effective. However, for people who really can't stand sleeping with a mask, the practitioners will prescribe GLP drugs. This will likely reduce the market for Resmed as part of the market (10 or 20%?) will be OK with a sub optimal treatment as it's much easier. Is this how you view it?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RMD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$29.10
Change
0.320(1.11%)
Mkt cap ! $18.47B
Open High Low Value Volume
$29.11 $29.39 $29.06 $79.72M 2.743M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1068 $29.10

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$29.11 5546 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RMD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.