RMD 1.17% $33.71 resmed inc

Why the drop?, page-37

1. 7,543 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2292

Part of the reason for the big sell off last time was the GLP1 scare combined with a softer quarterly from RMD. Their growth had slowed somewhat and their margins had contracted. On the investor call management tried to assure the market it was because of more expensive inventory and freights costs that had yet to pass through the sales book, but the market didnt really believe them. I think there was a bit of concern that they were needing to discount products and that the old gen gear would have to be flogged off because of the GLP1's. We have had 2 quarterlies since then that have shown the exact oppposite is true so that's why today's sell of is somewhat perplexing to me.

Probably a few who are in a strong profit position who had the chance to lock some in today, combined with some shorting to cover short term risks. I would anticipate given that the evidence so far has shown RMD is a strong if not stronger than ever, this sell off will be relatively shorter lived given that same confluence of events doesn't exist.

Last edited by pastperformer: 24/06/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RMD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$33.71
Change
0.390(1.17%)
Mkt cap ! $21.66B
Open High Low Value Volume
$33.41 $33.71 $33.41 $54.92M 1.633M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 140 $33.65

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$33.72 36 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RMD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.