LBT 6.25% 1.5¢ lbt innovations limited

If you read this 2015 paper by Glasson J et al...

1. 212 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 28
    If you read this 2015 paper by Glasson J et al
    http://jcm.asm.org/content/54/2/300.full
    you'll see that the APAS system has intelligent capabilities lacking in the BD Kiestra one described in the eccmid poster. Our system uses an algorithm that sorts plates by more than just bacterial colony numbers. It takes into account information from colony morphology, lactose-fermentation on blood agar among other things, as well as providing quantitation.
    I can't see where it says the BD will be selling their software that sorts out negative plates. The poster says the software is under development. Perhaps they are selling the imaging system and will rely on technologists to sort out the negatives from the images. I would have thought such software requires FDA approval because of the risk involving in sorting negatives. (A straight imaging system reliant on interpretation by technologists likely doesn't need approval).
    Not only does APAS have intelligent capabilities, its FDA approved, subject to multiple patents (which are granted, not in application phase -there's a big difference) and subject of a large study published in the peer-reviewed journal. I expect our software is way more advanced as well. This is a big part of APAS, it will have to be integrated into existing lab software.
    I would say we are years ahead of competition and, besides, it remains to be seen how close the competition will be (patents confer an exclusive right to commercially exploit a technology for around 20 yrs). Indeed, the appearance of other digital imaging systems can be seen as a plus because it shows everyone thinks thats where the future lies.
    That said, I think some of the posters here (mostly from post FDA approval) have unreal expectations of the stock and show poor form by taking out their frustrations on management and the CEO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LBT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.5¢
Change
-0.001(6.25%)
Mkt cap ! $23.30M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.6¢ 1.6¢ 1.5¢ $8.549K 565.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 250000 1.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.6¢ 188838 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.33am 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LBT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.