STX 2.22% 22.0¢ strike energy limited

why the long wait , page-3

1. 43 Posts.
    I tell you what, I'm a little gun shy about posting anything after the near 'international incident' back on or about 10/29. But I'm only a LITTLE gun shy, so here goes:

First, you mention Sanchez. I assume that you're talking about the Sanchez Sante well in Engle, about 5 miles NNW of Bigham? If so, here's my CONJECTURE about that. There's an ash layer about 20 feet thick that runs pretty much throughout the EF formation. Not only is it much softer than the surrounding EF shale both above and below, it's also a non-pay zone containing no oil or gas.

When drilling there's no problem with going through the ash layer at almost a right angle because the drill bit will go right on through. The problem arises when the driller is 'making the angle' for the lateral and accidentally enters the ash layer at almost a parallel angle. Then it is very difficult if not impossible to steer the drill bit out of the soft layer and back into the hard shale because the angle of penetration is so low. This MAY be what happened to Sanchez Sante. They don't seem too dissuaded, though, because they discovered good geology in the Lower Austin Chalk just above the EF and the ash layer and according to their Conference Call, they plan to reenter Sante as a sidetrack and recomplete it that way.

If you have the time or inclination, you can listen to an instant replay of the Sanchez conference call here: http://investor.sanchezenergycorp.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=248475&p=irol-presentations

Concerning Bigham 1H, I've just been shown a picture showing not one, but two flares at Bigham. I'm not at liberty to share the picture, but as of earlier today, 11/13/12, at the time the shutter was snapped, there were flames on both flare stacks.

Cypress et al (including STX) continue to move forward with infrastructure and additional leasing even up through the end of October. I know this because of a web site that displays filings at the Fayette County Courthouse. Things that I've seen and heard about are not the actions of some demoralized organization or persons.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
22.0¢
Change
-0.005(2.22%)
Mkt cap ! $629.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
22.0¢ 22.5¢ 21.5¢ $1.045M 4.763M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
46 3396647 21.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
22.0¢ 553080 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.