NSC 4.17% 46.0¢ naos small cap opportunities company limited

Why the NSC theses can languish

1. 1,904 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 394
    This morning on Livewire, Sebastion Evans from NAOS details why one of the NSC major investments (MNF) is languishing. It is a good comprehensive report on how a company which fits the NSC thesis can be treading water despite holding considerable long term value. It shows that the sum of the parts (wholesale and retail ) are greater than the whole. NSC support the theory that a demerger of the two businesses would unlock the true value in the business. Sebastion in this instance seems to be taking on the persona of an activist investor but I have to say that IMO if he is going to insist in holding a company where the market cap does not reflect either the potential or the true value then as the manager of our money and to a large extent some of his own then he has to take the activist steps towards pushing the MNF board to unlock it. Maybe this is the first step in such a process. I write this not to push the idea that the NSC SP is about to rocket or fall or give NSC any excuse for the current discount to NTA - just to point out how and why the long term strategy that NSC touts does not always play out despite a company falling neatly within it. The article gives a good insight into NSC's strategic investing. Any way Sebastion - well done as it is a good article on analysis.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NSC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
46.0¢
Change
-0.020(4.17%)
Mkt cap ! $63.43M
Open High Low Value Volume
47.0¢ 47.0¢ 45.5¢ $36.30K 79.43K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 20000 45.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
47.0¢ 29783 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.31pm 17/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
45.5¢
  Change
-0.020 ( 4.21 %)
Open High Low Volume
46.0¢ 46.0¢ 45.5¢ 7085
Last updated 12.05pm 17/06/2024 ?
NSC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.