MLX 3.95% 39.5¢ metals x limited

Drongo, not sure why the price failed to breakout, I am not...

1. 408 Posts.
    Drongo, not sure why the price failed to breakout, I am not technically inclined, but can tell you that fundamentally the stock is very cheap.
    I dont think there are many analysts out there who think tin can sustain the current high prices for very long so my guess is this is effecting MLX sp. Also, tin is seen as a very volatile commodity.

I dont think there are concerns for management. From my experience the main guys (Peter Cook, Peter Newton) have a very solid track record. They also have Jinchuan on board, a very experienced and proven nickel producer.

As for the commodity boom, this is open for debate. Some analysts have been saying for the last 3 years that the commodity boom is coming to an end . Others say it coming to an end soon. If you listen to the likes of Kloppers (BHP), Albanese (RIO), and other people in the industry, they say this boom could go for 15 years. As we've seen, they back this up with actions. We've seen more consolidation and aggressive takeovers in the mining, energy and materials sectors than ever before and there is no sign of this slowing down. Personally, Im more inclined to follow the heads of the largest mining companies in the world, than follow the analysts who have been consistently wrong on the topic so far. I think if the commodity boom does end however, it doesnt really matter what mining stock you are in, your portfolio is going to be taking a hefty hit.

As for not testing previous highs of 90c, MLX was a completely different company then. It has since merged with Blue Stone Tin making historical prices irrelevant.

Personally, I dont put any emphasis on historical prices. Its about looking forward at what this company is going to earn over the next 2-5 years. Look at a stock like IPL, 2 years ago the stock was at $17. Is this relevant? Of course not. The stock is $177 currently because the outlook for fertilizer prices and this particular business is very strong. Or what about CNP, this time last year it was $10 and now it is 36.5c, does that mean it should be $10 in the near future? No, because things have changed and the outlook for the company is terrible.

Look forwards my man, not backwards.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
39.5¢
Change
0.015(3.95%)
Mkt cap ! $357.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
38.0¢ 40.0¢ 37.5¢ $753.8K 1.940M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 29195 39.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
40.0¢ 110913 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.