GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

There is more to it. Gold bug in the garden of eden on a...

1. 5,237 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 35
    There is more to it.

Gold bug in the garden of eden on a perfectly flat earth.

I’ve noticed the high level of economic illiteracy in the country since the day I started seriously studying economics. I’ve also noticed that faith-based economics rules the thought processes of many politicians. It always reminds me of those folks that believe in a literal garden of eden and a 7 day creation story over the facts that science hands us day-in and day-out. Molecular Biology has pretty much trumped their views but they persist in sticking their fingers in their ears and going la la la la la.

A variety of misguided notions have taken up residence in the brains of the same people, so I suppose it’s not surprising that the same groups that scream war on christmas also think the US will go bankrupt if we don’t up the debt ceiling or some such nonsense. The problem is that anti-intellectual flat earthers control a political party in this country. That problem extends to people who now sit as chairs of congressional committees that deal with the real world and real people. Then, there’s the fact that the other political party doesn’t really fight for the truth. It’s just all very distressing to me.

There are two stories today that I’d like to use as evidence to point to the incredible amount of lunacy floating around today’s Republican Party. The first comes from Paul Krugman. The second from The Economist. Krugman talks about the persistence of gold buggery. (Yes, I’m using a double entendre.) The Economist about the persistence of federal deficit and debt myths. They write on the number of people that don’t seem to understand what it takes for the US to ‘default’. Both myths need airing."

As you can see the term is used extensively as a synonymous for lunacy.

http://skydancingblog.com/2011/01/14/the-u-s-government-is-not-a-household-or-a-business/

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.