CVN 3.13% 15.5¢ carnarvon energy limited

why the sell down, page-23

1. 349 Posts.
    Hi Harpo,

If you have only been trading a few weeks I suggest you talk to your accountant or adviser re: tax position. Trading is soul destroying enough without having Costello as a silent partner :o)

At 52c you bought at the peak of the last cycle, but thats a matter timing and trading is all about timing. If you have a debt facility, interest will eat into your profits (and compound your losses).

Personally I would not follow a FP recommendation without looking at the charting side and understanding the fundamentals. Remember if it's your hard-earned on the line you have already payed Costello his cut.

CVN is in a good uptrend (charting) and the production results (fundamentals) IMPLY a much higher value than the SP suggests. We also have the Hartleys report and now FP that support this. All very good signs!!

There are no losses in trading, simply profits and LESSONS. When starting trading you will no doubt be frustrated by the SP going down when you buy and worse the SP going up when you sell!!

You did well - I bought AGO at 2.82 and sold two days later at 2.74 - so I could buy more cvn at low 40's. IMO AGO is a good company and will have a bright future, but trading and investing have different rules - so you need learn the rules for both.

But then I also traded CXY and MLS for cents last week also to increase my exposure to CVN - and look at the opportunity cost there - Mikayla!!!!

So there are swings and roundabouts - just stay out of the dirt ... except CVN of course, which is pay dirt :o)

cheers
    neo

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.