AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

niu....could be that things aren't all they are supposed to be....

1. 634 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    niu....could be that things aren't all they are supposed to be. I have been trying to discuss some of the areas that have probably caused this slide in share value....yet people keep hanging on to the illusion 'that everything is going to be OK'. As we know, some of the institutional investors are in Orocobre because they were given the shares at low prices dating back a few years, and yet others that are buying in because of fund requirements to hold a certain proportion of ASX 200 companies. Could be that the funds who are pegged to the ASX 200 companies are buying to fulfill their proportionate holding for the funds....and then turning around and lending the shares for shorting....that would be my guess. Either way they could continue with this behavior until the plant gets up to full speed and is actually making money for 'shareholders' and not just Tsusho, Jemse, and Orocobre management. I have already stated in an earlier message that $2.77 is next stop in major resistance....and it appears we are headed there rather quickly. Interesting isn't it that about all the posters here refuse to look at the whole picture...just wearing those rose colored glasses right into the brine

The other side of the coin is 'when' the operation is running at full capacity there will be a lot of interest from industry partners to work with them...or even buy them out. The problem lies in delay...after delay...after delay. Once you have lost the trust of investors it is much harder to regain that trust. I think we all realize that the construction and the ramp up phase turned out to be much more challenging then anticipated....and then the currency devaluation....along with agreements to sell 'cheap' lithium on prior agreements....Kind of the perfect storm. I believe the goose is cooked for Orocobre this year. Let's hope that in 2017 things will be more fruitful and defined for shareholders. I will continue to hold the shares that I bought a few years ago reluctantly, but in the interim I have just been slowly putting money I had originally earmarked for Orocobre into Albemarle. Bird in the hand as they say

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.