WDR 0.00% 14.5¢ western desert resources limited

why the sudden price spike?, page-15

1. 475 Posts.
    there are 3 x 21km conveyors in use in the bowen basin. One is the conventional conveyor system located at curragh westfarmers and the other 2 are cable conveyors at Dawson mine in Moura and German creek near middlemount. Just pray they do not go with the cable conveyors as these type of conveyors are extremely costly to maintain and are continuously having problems even after over 12mths of operation.
    The conveyor at curragh has been a godsend for them. It paid for itself inside 6 mths and apart for some minor breakdowns is a massive earner for them. It can deliver 2500 tons per hour at full production.
    The cable conveyors are basically designed to be straight. The 2 conveyors above have forced bends in them to navigate around areas of cultural significance, it is in these areas where the conveyor belt comes of the cables and almost always stops the conveyor for a minimum of 12 hours. that is 30,000 tons of production lost. You can add on another 5000 tons because you will lose the 1 1/2 hours waiting for the product to be delivered to port after start-up. This also does not include the materials and labour lost repairing the damage.
    Trust me, you do not want cable systems. Have worked with them for years and believe me I know conveyors inside and out.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.