SUN 0.93% $16.97 suncorp group limited

why the up....., page-13

1. 3,045 Posts.
    I bought SUN because I'm paying bottom of the market multiples for bottom of the cycle earnings. Suncorps underlying banking result was excellent, CBA's results confirmed that banking in Australia isn't doomed just yet. All general insurers copped a beating from the bad weather but keep in mind this is a pretty rare event. Now the insurers have the reason to lift premium rates and claw back the losses... For a long term hold I think SUN should get back to an all time high and then some, say 5 years. Many of the banks compeditors are struggling and we saw the likes of RAMs go out of business very quickly. All the banks should benefit from these smaller players being removed from the market. Not to mention the better loans banks are now writing due to stricter controls on loan quality.

I'm happy with my SUN investment. Can it get taken over? Sure, why not? I'm certain other players have run the numbers and find it attractive. Westpac are going to take out SGB and the other big three are going to be looking to maintain market share....

Hold onto your hats! My target is $18.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SUN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.