OAK 0.00% 6.0¢ oakridge international limited

Why there is more to Martin's appointment

1. 13,316 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 168
    So we have had the MD of Intel's Smart Home Division take up a position as MD of XPED on 7th September 2016.

Some may say ringing endorsement. But actually much more ringing endorsement more then general punter may realise (smart money though knows this and cottoned on).

As on company update on 2nd June 2016, XPED announced successful live demo of ADRC operating on the Intel IoT gateway running on the Intel Quark D200o processor. Where as a result also stated in that update that as result of this that XPED was now positioned to meet with the Intel Home Automation Division (Read the Division Martin was GM of) and that meeting will happen in the near future.

So obviously the meeting went well such that Martin jumped ship with Intel's blessing! Intel Licencing deal anyone!!!

I suggest (strongly) the smart money is pricing in the likelihood of an imminent Intel licencing deal being announced very soon given Martin's ringing endorsement!

And for those who need a little reminder of where Intel sits - it just happens to be the largest chip manufacturer in the world, where it is double the size of its nearest competitor, Samsung. So what would a licencing deal mean for entrenching ADRC as the defacto standard for wireless communications faciliting the internet of things! If you can't answer that then I suggest you are one of the people who will be quickly selling to the smart money on the announcement of a licencing deal with Intel.

So really the rise so far is not really that surprising with Martin's joining XPED on 7th September, which part of Intel he represented, that 2nd June ASX release, and who XPED were meeting following successful demo of ADRC on Quark chip.

I have given some clues but now time to outline why I have really been just sitting back with the popcorn watching the entrée and waiting patiently for the main event.

Sometimes it pays (very nicely ) to be well researched (and focussed).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.